Re: Idle question about multi-core processors

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 00:27:50 +0100

On 2006-12-01 20:38, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:> In any case, it looks to me like the mass-market may be supporting SMP
:> mobo's much sooner than I suspected. And, I suspect that DragonFly may
:> provide much better performance on SMP hardware than many other OS's.
:
:I thought dual-core was SMP, was that wrong of me?
:
:--
:Erik Wikström
It is SMP, definitely. If one were to ask the question... how many
cpu's is enough? The answer is probably around four for any general purpose computer.

"640k should be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

--
Erik Wikström