Re: sk: jumbo buffer

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 09:13:24 +0800

On 12/1/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

:Please test following patch: :http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/sk.diff : :I have done some preliminary netperf testing of above patch, so it :should be safe to be used. However, I will wait another two weeks for :the testing result in your enviroment before committing it. : :Best Regards, :sephe

    I didn't run through the entire patch but will it do the right
    thing if you ifconfig the mtu to a jumbo size after the interface
    is up?

Sure, it will reinit the NIC and configure various regs that have something to do with Jumbo buffer support, since IFF_RUNNING is cleared in sk_ioctl() :-). sk_stop() in sk_init() will do the correct thing too, since sk_if_softc.sk_use_jumbo is changed after it is called.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die