Re: DFly on a Gateway laptop

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:25:27 +0100

On 2006-11-28 10:29, Douglas S. Keester wrote:
Third, has anyone had luck getting DFly to dual boot with Windows XP? (I need to keep it around for a while, so please no lectures about how I should just delete it and single boot DFly.) I would prefer to use the standard bootloader, but am not opposed to using GRUB, which works quite well in my current setup. Also what is the chance of the standard bootloader recognizing the "Windows Restore" partition?

I dual-boot my T41 with no problem, I'd advice you to install Windows first and DF later. I can't remember if the install detected the presence of Windows automatically or not. But installing the bootloader is quite easy, all you need to know is in the man-page. I also seem to recall that it did recognize the restore-partition but I modified the loader not to show it when booting. (Later I removed that partition all together and used the space for better things.)

--
Erik Wikström