Re: ACPI: getting front-panel power button to cause shutdown

From: David Murray <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:41:05 +0000

On 26/11/06 3:25 pm, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

I realize I'm asking about basic things, but it's always good to be sure:

Absolutely!

your power button works to turn the system on, correct?

Yes, I couldn't start the system otherwise! :-)

And it is wired to the motherboard?

Yes, and (I mention this only to rule out trivial hardware faults) it worked when this was a Windows box (then to make the system hibernate, so S3 or S4, I think).

Are you holding down the power button for 10 seconds?

No, just pressing and releasing. If I hold it in (actually for four seconds) then then the BIOS unilaterally powers off, and it's fscks time when the system is restarted.

-- Dave Murray