Re: ipw3945 WLAN driver

From: Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:20:37 +0100

Johannes Hofmann schrieb:
Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Dienstag, 14. November 2006 18:40 schrieb Thomas Schlesinger:
Hi,

are there plans to port the ipw3945 driver from OpenBSD in the near future?

Thomas
Ok, I take this as "no" ;-)

Hi Thomas, if you have the hardware to test it, you could try to do
it yourself. Should not be too hard as Sephe has synced the 802_11 stuff
with the other BSDs. Johannes

I'll have an ipw3945-equipped notebook (a Thinkpad R60 with Core Duo CPU) next week, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how to port device drivers. Can I just copy over the ipw3945 driver from OpenBSD or the alpha driver from FreeBSD into DragonFly's source tree and compile it without modifications?

Thomas