Re: Java is open source finally

To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Cédric Berger <cedric@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:07:50 +0100

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 10:09:40PM +1100, Petr Janda wrote:
Well that means anyone can take it and make it work on their OS, does it not? Isnt it v1.5 too, which is a requirement of programs such as Eclipse ( i think)

We could do that before. I did that for JDK 1.4.

Well, you could "take it and make it work on your OS", but not redistributing it in binary form, at least not without passing all Sun's testing.

Cedric