Re: DragonFly on a Intel G965 Mainboard

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:48:11 +0100

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 06:30:45PM +0100, Markus Hitter wrote:
> Still I think an option to run DragonFly off BIOS drivers would be a
> good thing. Hardware changes every few months and if the bootloader
> works, why shouldn't the remaining OS? Performance is a secondary issue.

The performance would be completely unusable. But it isn't the biggest
issue. Even the loader already has to jump through a few loops to use
the BIOS -- you certainly don't want to do that for the normal system.
VESA is somewhat special as it offers an interface for use from
Protected Mode, but the rest doesn't.

Joerg