QEMU -smp -> "single mode not supported"

From: Francis GUDIN <fgudin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09 Nov 2006 11:48:23 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying for fun to have a DragonFly running inside QEMU.
All works OK in UP mode, but with a custom kernel enabling SMP support,
I face a crash close to the end of kernel initialization. QEMU yields
the following message:
 qemu: hardware error: single mode not supported
It then dumps virtual CPUs registers. DragonFly can't even panic.

Is this expected behaviour in some way ? Should it be troubleshooted ?
If so, I'd be please to have directions from you for providing useful
informations.

The context is the following:
- qemu-i386 version 0.8.2 running on Ubuntu Edgy (not a choice) with the
accelerator kernel module 'kqemu' version 1.3.0pre9
- DragonFly image created from install ISO 1.6.0 release
- trying to upgrade to DragonFly_Preview: new SMP-enabled kernel
installed, reboot before installworld. No matter if booting normally or
to single user mode.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Francis.