Re: ftpd is slow

From: Eli Green <eli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:51:51 +0100

You might want to run BIND locally and set 127.0.0.1 to be your main DNS
server. You'll gain the benefit of having a local cache of addresses and
(if you want to) you can have your server be authoritative for
192.168.1.xx

If you don't want to go to all that trouble, you can just add the
relevant hosts to /etc/hosts and see if that helps.

But it's possible I'm wrong about the lookups being the cause of the
problem since I can't find anything about ftpd or inetd doing reverse
lookups (or at least any way to disable them).