Re: getting cpu statistics - munin

From: Csillag Tamas <cstamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:00:09 +0200

Vladimir Mitiouchev wrote:
On 10/17/06, Csillag Tamas <cstamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
for FreeBSD which queries kern.cp_time via sysctl.
But on DFlyBSD I get: sysctl: unknown oid 'kern.cp_time'.
What is the best way of doing this?
Use (8)iostat.

losalamos:...sources/src/sys$ iostat -C -t proc -d
           cpu
us ni sy in id
14  0  6  2 78

It's the same info as kern.cp_time used to give.

Well it is not the *same* but good enough.
kern.cp_time is an always incrementing number and should be stored as DERIVE in rrdtool

iostat gives percentage as a result, so this sophisticated algorithm is not needed. It can be stored as GAUGE.

Thanks that's the thing I was looking for!

--
CSILLAG Tamas http://digitus.itk.ppke.hu