Re: Ncursesw & Unicode

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:18:04 -0700 (PDT)

:Vladimir Mitiouchev schrieb:
:> Hello!
:> I'm trying to run cmus (music player) with Unicode support. But
:> configure says:
:> checking for NCURSES_LIBS (-lncurses)... yes
:> *** Your ncurses does not support wide characters!
:> *** Install ncursesw if you need wide character support,
:> *** you can ignore this warning otherwise.
:
:'bmake show-options' may present you with the neccessary options you
:have with pkgsrc - dunno about ncursesw with this thing.
:
:> I definitely need wide char support. Where should I look for it, what
:> do i need to hack, what is DragonFly approach to Unicode/UTF-8?
:
:I remember some issues in the distant past - I remember very little of
:that, other than that I've havn't had any problems.
:
:tom

    It just kills me that they can't use a simple target name like,
    oh 'help', as in 'bmake help'.  Sigh.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>