Re: Ncursesw & Unicode

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:52:11 +0200

Vladimir Mitiouchev wrote:
Hello!
I'm trying to run cmus (music player) with Unicode support. But configure says:
checking for NCURSES_LIBS (-lncurses)... yes
*** Your ncurses does not support wide characters!
*** Install ncursesw if you need wide character support,
*** you can ignore this warning otherwise.

I definitely need wide char support. Where should I look for it, what
do i need to hack, what is DragonFly approach to Unicode/UTF-8?

I thought we support wide chars in ncurses, though not all functions, but I might be mistaken. A first step would be finding out what is needed and checking if that is possible to support with our current infrastructure.

cheers
 simon