Re: Can't start KDE or TWM with KDM

From: David Aubril <david.aubril@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:35:53 +0200

Well, I'm just a french guy. But I met that a couple of times. I guess that there is a line somewhere which still refers to /usr/X11R6. So that's what I wrote in my shell :
#ln -s /usr/pkg/xorg /usr/X11R6
It worked for me.

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
On Mon, October 2, 2006 4:12 am, Frank Petitjean wrote:

After I entered the login and password, under KDM window, after a while I
have the message :
"the following installation problem was detected while trying to start KDE
could not find 'iceauth in path
KDE is unable to start"

With TWM I don't have any message, but it does not work too.

I launch KDM as a root user, and don't set up any environment variable
before.

What does 'which iceauth' show? Perhaps a package is missing?

Frank Petitjean wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem when I try to lauch KDE or TWM with KMD.

After I entered the login and password, under KDM window, after a while I have the message :
"the following installation problem was detected while trying to start KDE
could not find 'iceauth in path
KDE is unable to start"

With TWM I don't have any message, but it does not work too.

I launch KDM as a root user, and don't set up any environment variable before.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Frank.