Re: Is fc-cache broken on -current?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:58:39 -0700

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > => Running POST-INSTALL script actions
> > ===========================================================================
> > Installing files needed by fontconfig-2.4.0nb1:
> >
> >         /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/conf.d/20-fix-globaladvance.conf
> > <many similar lines snipped for brevity>
> >
> >         /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf already exists.      <-----------
> >         /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.dtd already exists.       <-----------

> When you deinstall (pkg_delete) fontconfig, what does it tell you?

The following files are no longer being used by fontconfig-2.4.0nb1,
and they can be removed if no other packages are using them:

        /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.dtd
        /usr/pkg/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf

> You may want to diff these two files with the share/examples versions. Are
> they just old leftovers from some old broken fontconfig package?

They are dated Aug 30, 2005 and they were certainly installed by a previous
pkgsrc version of fontconfig -- I dunno about 'broken'.

> If you have not customizations, remove these files manually.
>
> Once they are gone, does the deinstall/reinstall create the problem again?

No -- in that case, the 'old' files are the same as the 'new' files, so
no problem.

BTW, if I haven't mentioned it recently (and I haven't) I'm glad that you
are keeping an eye on our DFly mail lists for pkgsrc problems.  I thank
you on behalf of our entire staff!  (Disclaimer:  I'm not one of the DFly
staff, but I still thank you anyway ;o)