Re: boot problem, disk mess.. thinking of suicide.

From: "Vladimir Mitiouchev" <vovcia@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:55:52 +0200

2006/9/25, Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> PS2> Thanks God i wasn't running softupdates!
'Softupdates' have saved me far more grief than they have ever contributed to.
Lot's of folk misunderstand what they do - and how quickly they can post if all
the kit is properly configured.
Can You write something more about advantages of softupdates? In fact,
i don't understand exactly what softupdates is. Yeah, i know, should
read code.. But im to tired at the moment..

That cheap cable just cost you 6+ hours of life that no amount of money can ever
buy back for you, and you aren't yet fully back to 'normal'.
It wasn't cheap, in fact it was quite expensive. But my friend cut it
with chassis. I know, I shouldnt have use it anymore.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Vladimir Mitiouchev