Re: crash dumps and slices (?)

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:29:43 +0200

Jonas Trollvik wrote:
Dumpdev should be set to the swap slice

That's what I misunderstood then (I am tired) and set it to /var. The crash dump killed my FS, had to reinstall the system, because fsk could not do anything to it in single user mode as well as running from the livecd.
Thanks for the info, anyway.

P. S.: sorry for the direct reply, Jonas, I should not have touched any computer today. :-)