Re: What do do when neither cdrecord/burncd work for me anymore?

From: nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jamie)
Date: 19 Sep 2006 16:39:25 GMT

In <450FFF45.20204@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> mentions:
>elevator# burncd -f /dev/acd0c data plan9.iso fixate
>next writeable LBA 0
>writing from file plan9.iso size 258006 KB
>written this track 1120 KB (0%) total 1120 KB
>only wrote -1 of 32768 bytes err=16
>
>fixating CD, please wait..
>

>elevator# cdrecord --scanbus
>Cdrecord 2.00.3 (--) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
>cdrecord: No local SCSI transport implementation for this architecture.
>
>Whats wrong? Im not using CS.

I'm on a limb by saying this, hopefully it won't seem to silly, but, when
you last compiled the kernel, did you comment out SCSI support? (including
any emulated SCSI IDE-type drivers)

I've never burnt a CD with dragonfly, but it seems to me linux (at least used to)
need emulated SCSI support to access certain IDE devices.

Wouldn't be surprised if the same holds true here.

Just a guess.

Jamie
--
http://www.geniegate.com                    Custom web programming