Re: USB memory stick

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

:Ok, found some spare time to investigate this:
:
:The memory stick works fine without ehci. With ehci there's always the
:"cannot open interrupt pipe" message. Even with
:
:alpha# sysctl -a | fgrep emer
:kern.emergency_intr_enable: 1
:
:problem and message stay the same. So I'm stuck with USB 1.0, right?
:I mean this is ok for listening to mp3's, but not to exchange files.
:Would it be of any use to compare the sources for DFly and FreeBSD? How
:far apart are they in the USB device area?
:
:Thanks anyway
:
:FloW

    Yup, you are stuck with 1.0.

    It would only be useful to compare the sources between DFly and
    FreeBSD if you were actually able to get EHCI working on FreeBSD
    for this machine and usb stick.  If not it might be beneficial to
    try booting OpenBSD to see if *its* EHCI implementation is able
    to work with the usb stick.

    FreeBSD has a live CD, just like us.  I don't know about OpenBSD but
    I assume they have something similar.  You should be able to burn and
    boot the appropriate CD and test your USB without actually installing
    anything or modifying your hard drive in any way.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>