Re: KDE and OpenSSL = Broken

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:54:46 +1000

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

What I get is: kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "PKCS7_content_free" kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms" kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "OPENSSL_add_all_algorithms" kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf"

The latter two look bad, all_ciphers and all_digests are supposed to be
present. Can you ktrace it whether it opens and mmaps libcrypto.so.4?

According to the trace, libcrypto does not get called.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc
kioslave: ####### CRASH ###### protocol = https pid = 1066 signal = 6
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what(): St9bad_alloc

This is the reason for the crash, can you play with the malloc debugging macros to trigger a segfault instantly?

joerg

And how do I go about doing that? Sorry. Never did this before :)

Im interested.

Petr