Re: users as blobs

From: Markus Hitter <mah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 10:47:45 +0200

Am 04.09.2006 um 00:16 schrieb walt:

Are you thinking about, say, pointers to my real blob which exists
on one physical server, or actually migrating blob->walt to anywhere
I'm actually needed?  (Most likely to unplug the sink or the toilet.)

This could be something like a mirrored RAID, but over the network. Do a network mount of the /home/bob partition, then, as you work with it, files are copied to a local drive and things start to become faster. Similar to how you'd recover from a drive failure in a two disk RAID.

Such a network-RAID would be a great solution for people partly working on a laptop elsewhere and partly working on the own desktop as well, but I couldn't find a piece of software supporting such a strategy so far.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/