Re: KDE problems

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 01:44:50 +1000

Hi Simon,
Im starting it from from rc.conf. What file have you got on your mind?

Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 30.08.2006, at 14:05, Petr Janda wrote:
I cant type/use keyboard at all in KDM if its started during boot! If i start kdm using the rc script AFTER i log in as root it works.

This is an old known problem. I think there is even some advice about this in some file. Are you starting kdm from rc.conf or from /etc/ttys? This problem at least already existed in freebsd-4 back in 2001. I think it is some kind of race between the ttys and the keyboard drivers.

cheers
  simon