Re: parted integration

From: Csaba Henk <csaba.henk@xxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Aug 2006 21:16:39 GMT

On 2006-08-21, Victor Balada Diaz <victor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> i think that adding parted[1] as a package (not importing in base)
> would be a nice addition to the live cd. You can use parted to
> resize partitions of other operating systems to make room for
> DragonFly. Parted is currently on pkgsrc-wip[2].

Eww, even if the Makefile in wip doesn't mark this package Linux only,
it is indeed Linux only, I think.

I got this on FreeBSD:

. /configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking build system type... i386-unknown-freebsd6.0
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd6.0
configure: error: Unknown or unsupported OS "freebsd6.0".  Only linux and gnu are supported.

> What do you think? its worth doing?

So, that "its" means porting the whole low level stuff from GNU/Linux to
a BSD environment. I'd re-ask the question on parted's ml, they might
be able to point out more adequately how much work is needed for this.

Csaba