Re: Pacman?

From: Andreas Hauser <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Aug 2006 19:33:46 +0200

bastyaelvtars wrote @ Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:54:55 +0200:

> Yeah, it's me again. I have read the according wikipage and read info
> about pacman as well and it looks good. Now I would like to ask whether
> it conflicts with pkgsrc, and if so, will there be resolution, and
> whether integration is still being worked on or it is on ice.
>
> Thanks for the answers in advance.

Pacman installs in / and /usr. Pkgsrc by default in /usr/pkg.
So there shouldn't be a problem with eachother overwriting files.
But of course there will be bad interaction of headers and libs,
this is probably limited mostly to compiling stuff. But if you
don't add /usr/pkg to PATH and ld.conf etc. at least pacman
packages won't mind pkgsrc. One way to solve it would be to use
chroot or jail environments.

--
Andy