Re: Dvd,dvd,dvd...

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:09:21 +1000

Mine is set to 0. SO I did sysctl hw.ata.atapi_dma=1 and it says:

sysctl: oid 'hw.ata.atapi_dma' is read only

Why is that?

atacontrol has shown me that the device was in PIO4, so I set it to UDMA4 instead(which is what my drive should be using as it supports it), but then my dvds couldnt be read so I tried UDMA2 and it improved it heaps though not perfect, and it seems that mplayer seems to crash more :S.

dmesg shows:
acd0: DVD-R <PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109> at ata1-master PIO4

Is this an indication that DragonFly perhaps needs a more modern/recent ATA code?

Cheers.
Petr