Re: contributing to DFly project with shell scripting

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:49:27 -0700 (PDT)

:I have two following questions:
:
:1) The shell scripts used for testing the features of
:operating system, but they didn't use to develope an
:operating system. Is it right?
:
:2) What is the shell script language which I must use
:in DragonFly? ...sh or csh.
:
:Regards,
:Saverio

    Shell scripts are used all over the place, for lots of things.  Both
    /bin/sh and /bin/csh (which is actually tcsh) are in the base tree.
    Bash is available as a pkgsrc package.

    I would recommend using /bin/sh or /bin/csh.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>