Re: DFly 1.4.4 and tulip NICs

From: W B Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:43:08 +0800

Matt Emmerton wrote:
I installed DFly 1.4.4 today and it proply panic'd with a problem in
tulip_rx_intr(), as described in this mail thread:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2006-02/msg00010.html

I was dismayed to find that the DFly ISOs don't include sources, so I can't
patch this system and get it on the LAN.
[ Curiosity -- why is this done?  I tend to run on ancient hardware with
FreeBSD and having the sources around has allowed me to patch up drivers to
get the systems running.  Are the sources really too large to include in the
DFly ISO? ]

What's the easiest way to get this machine running?  Burn the sources to CD
and copy them over, patch/rebuild/reboot?

Regards,
--
Matt Emmerton

The 'easiest way' might be to change the NIC to something better supported, given how cheap they are.

Bill