Re: DFly 1.4.4 and tulip NICs

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:06:33 +0800

On 7/7/06, Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:I installed DFly 1.4.4 today and it proply panic'd with a problem in :tulip_rx_intr(), as described in this mail thread: :http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2006-02/msg00010.html : :I was dismayed to find that the DFly ISOs don't include sources, so I can't :patch this system and get it on the LAN. :[ Curiosity -- why is this done? I tend to run on ancient hardware with :FreeBSD and having the sources around has allowed me to patch up drivers to :get the systems running. Are the sources really too large to include in the :DFly ISO? ]

    The ISO has historically been made as minimal as possible.  I agree
    with you that the ISO should contain compilable kernel sources.  They
    dont have to be automatically installed, but we ought to be add them
    to the ISO as a gzip'd tar.

:What's the easiest way to get this machine running?  Burn the sources to CD
:and copy them over, patch/rebuild/reboot?
:
:Regards,
:--
:Matt Emmerton

    Try burning a recent build of HEAD.   There's a good chance that the
    particular panic referenced (a serializer panic) is fixed in HEAD.  If

It had been fixed on HEAD :-)

Best Regards,
sephe

--