Re: Setuid

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:08:34 +1000

Cheers,
Sounds like me then.

Petr

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Im looking at a couple of days old cron job email, and I see this:
:
:Checking setuid files and devices:
:
:elevator.homenetwork.org setuid diffs:
^^^^^^
NOTE
:...
:and many many more
:
:Is it normal that so many files have the setuid bit on? Ive never :noticed it before ( not that I read those emails often anyway)

    It tells you what files with suid set have recently been created
    or modified or reinstalled.  You'll get this sort of thing under
    normally operating conditions after you've done an installworld.

    The files you listed are system utilities.  e.g. chpass ... change
    your password.  etc.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>