What would you like in DF 1.8?

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:46:12 +1000

Now when DragonFly release (1.6) is next door, I think it might be a good idea to start thinking what do we users want in the release after 1.6. Note that I certainly don't intend to put anymore pressure on Matt, Joerg, David, Simon and other devs as I know they are quite flat out with their work already.

My wishlist is:

1) NSS implementation in libc - I would like to build DragonFly machines who's users can authenticate via pam+nss to an LDAP server as if they were local users.
2) Filesystem ACLs - Necessary for any serious Samba work.
3) ZFS
4) 1:1 threading

What's yours?

Petr