Re: How to compile lib/libisc ? (Work in progress: updating to BIND 9.3.2)

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:15:44 -0700

Petr Janda wrote:
> Everytime I try to compile this library from it's directory I get this
> error:
>
> Assembler messages:
> FATAL: can't create isc/nls/msgcat.o: No such file or directory

Just a wild guess -- did you do a 'make obj' from that directory
before compiling?  If not, then you probably have some object files
in your source directory that should not be there.  These extra
files can include generated header files which also should not
be there.  If that's what has happened, then you might try 'make
clean', or even delete that contrib/bind source directory and
re-cvs.

If you are trying to compile just part of the source tree, you do
need to do the 'make obj' before 'make'.  I usually do 'make depend'
as well, but I'm not sure it's necessary.