Re: est module

From: Johannes Hofmann <Johannes.Hofmann@xxxxxx>
Date: 24 Jun 2006 10:18:36 GMT

Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Johannes,
>
> thank you very much for your hint to the sysctl-switches and your patch. It's
> very good to be able to cool down my CPU on hot summer days and giving my
> notebook a longer run on train rides ;-)
>
> Thomas

You also might want to set hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest to C3. This makes my
machine run considerably cooler. Unfortunately the C3 state only get's
used if usb support is not compiled in or loaded as a kernel module.
You can check whether C3 state is used by looking at the
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_usage sysctl.

 Johannes