Problem with printer communication

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:52:25 +1000

Ive got a HP 930c USB printer, and running DragonFly 1.4.4.

I installed: cups, hpijs and foomatic-ppds. Normally, what I used to do in Linux after I install cups, I open Firefox and connect to localhost:631, ans set up the printer which will appear under the USB devices when addinga new printer. However in Dragonfly the printer does not appear in USB devices in the cups configuration menu. I have 4 usb entries there:

USB Printer #1
USB Printer #1 No reset
USB Printer #2
USB Printer #2 No reset

I *think* in Linux it actually had the HP-930C next to USB Printer #1 which showed that cups detect the printer connected to the system.

dmesg output for my printer is

ulpt0: Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 930C, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode

So I assumed that USB Printer #1 is ulpt0. And I added the printer, and tried print test page. Upon clicking the print test page button absolutely nothing happens. It doesnt even get queued. Same if I try to print pages from Firefox or somehting else.

Thanks to anyone that has a look at this.