Re: What I can execiute command for mount ntfs?

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 00:50:08 +0200

On 2006-06-10 23:55, altnixsys@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello community.

What docs I must read for understanding /dev/ad* devices?

If you mean how to decrypt something like ad0s2b it goes like this:

da means that it's a ATA-disk, 0 means that it's the first disk (primary master). s2 means slice 2, which is the same as the the third BIOS- partition and the b means that it's the second BSD-partition. If the whole disk is used the s followed by an number may be omitted and the drive would be ad0b.

I need mounting ntfs and linux partiotions.

When mounting a linux-partition you will obviously not have any BSD- partitions worry about so you should mount /dev/da0s1 (if the partition is the second on the first disk).

For NFS you should use mount_nfs, I've no personal experience with this but if you have done it in linux it ought to be quite similar, read more about it in the mount_nfs man-page.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure