Re: SMBFS questions

From: "Pieter Dumon" <pieter.dumon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:53:16 +0200

On 6/7/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07.06.2006, at 14:05, Gergo Szakal wrote:
>> If you add them to your kernel config (or to GENERIC, for that
>> reason),
>> they will get compiled in.  So the exact point is *not* to have it in
>> the kernel config, but instead to load it via kldload.
> I am afraid we are talking about the same thing without knowing it...
> I do not wanna compile stuff in. So if I make buildkernel then
> anything that is *not* specified within the config gets compiled as a
> module? I am starting to not understand.

if you make buildkernel, everything which is specified in your kernel
config is being compiled into your new kernel.  additionally all
available modules (no matter if the code is in your kernel or not) are
compiled.

Actually, Gergo's question is a good one: modules, kldload et al are not described in the Handbook. (If I can find the time...)

grtz