Re: Impressions on DFly and other questions

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:37:27 -0700 (PDT)

> 5) What are the future for the packaging management in
> DragonFly, or the pkgsrc in DragonFly, or the other solutions?

I believe that for the near and probably long future, DragonFly will stay
with "pkgsrc".

pkgsrc has over 20 developers who actively help support it (beyond
NetBSD). It has hundreds of package maintainers (including the
work-in-progress collection).

It already works with over 5000 packages on DragonFly.

(Many other reasons too that I have documented before ... I will post as a
webpage soon.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'