Re: Compiling: Whats the trick?

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:29:00 +0200

On 2006-06-02 01:32, Danial Thom wrote:
Ok, since the beginning of time, the following
has worked in every known unix:

/* hello_world.c */

#include "/usr/include/stdio.h"

main()
{
        printf("hello world\n");
}

cc -o hello_world hello_world.c

except it barfs pretty badly in DFLY. What's the trick?

Can start of by including <stdio.h> instead of "/usr/include/stdio.h", then add "int" in front of "main", add "return 0;" after the printf and we have something looking like a correct C program.

If you still can't compile the application I would suggest that you re- install your system from scratch since, in that case, you've messed upp your system real good.

Erik Wikström
--
 "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
 telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure