Re: Any serious production servers yet?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

:To reconfirm:  if I bought a mobo today (at Fry's, for example, just
:because I'm tempted ;o) with a dual-core processor -- I would need to
:configure my DragonFly kernel with 'options SMP' [and friends] and
:DragonFly would recognize and use both cores just like an old dual-
:processor mobo?
:
:Thanks!

    SMP and APIC_IO usually.  If APIC_IO doesn't work you can try without
    it.

    But, as usual, the kernel might have problems recognizing new
    motherboards.  Our ACPI implementation is pretty old.  Your mileage
    may vary.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>