Re: 80211 patch3 (to be committed)

From: Andrew Thompson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 14:33:14 -0400

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 08:48:53PM +0800, Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
> mmm, I think this may be module dependency problem, I have put a new
> ath.tbz on leaf, please fetch it and see whether if_ath and ath_rate
> still refuse to load (don't forget to make install :-)
>
> BTW, do you put ath_hal_load="YES" after both if_ath_load="YES" and
> ath_rate="YES" in /boot/loader.conf?
> However, this won't affect the new ath tar ball :-)

Yes, using the new ath tarball and fixing the load order (I was loading ath_rate
before ath_hal) has enabled me to get the atheros card working.

I still have the issue with DHCP (needing to swap the card to the other slot or
power off the machine and restart and then swap the card to get DHCP to work)
but maybe we should start a new thread about that? I'm wondering if this isn't
the cardbus not initializing properly but I'm really not qualified to make
guesses...

So I guess I can confirm this new wifi patch works for me (with the module
dependancy fix) at least as well as the old one... I look forward to it being
committed.

Andrew