Re: 80211 patch3 (to be committed)

From: "Alex Burke" <alexjeffburke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:02:37 +0100

Hi,

I am still doing testing with my atheros card, and will report back
soon - but just reading part of this thread, reminded me of something
i found while doing the last set.

It appears you must must load the modules in the correct order...and
the following worked well for me:
ath_hal
ath_rate
if_ath

A couple of times, i managed to pull ath_rate out from under if_ath (i
was testing the different rate agorithms), and after loading the new
rate module and doing ifconfig ath0 up scan the machine paniced and
dropped me a debugger prompt. So I think your right, it might be a
module dependency issue - i guess if_ath needs to be unloaded if any
of the other modules get unloaded?

Thing is, since those files were just for testing, I guessed that when
they got integrated into the kernel tree as modules that issue would
go away.

Cheers, Alex J Burke.