Re: atheros card and wpa_supplicant

From: "Alex Burke" <alexjeffburke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:14:03 +0100

> I also cloak the SSID, hence the scan_ssid=1.
>
> Would it be worth lowering the security level on my AP to see if that helps?

Please turn off "hiding ssid" on AP and give it a try again.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die

Hello,

Sorry I didnt reply sooner - I did as you asked, turned the AP SSID
masking off and it still shows the same behaviour as it did before, it
never associates and then spits out the device timeout message. This
behaviour then repeats itself until i exit the supplicant.

I havent yet had a chance to try your latest 802.11 patch, so maybe
that is another thing I should do. Also, again if you think it will
make a difference I could knock my network back to WPA instead of 2
(or even WEP I guess).

The only other thing I was not totally sure about was under FreeBSD 6
I had to kldload wlan and wlan_tkip (plus possibly wlan_ccmp). I tried
kldload'ing wlan under DFly, but kldstat didnt show anything so I am
not sure if that was a necessary step.

Again, apologies if I have done something stupid. I really appreciate
all the help you have given me with this.

Thanks, Alex J Burke.