Re: problem with pendrive

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:19:32 +1000

On 4/22/06, Ezra <ezra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Try this.
> #mount_msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt/usb

It doesn't make any difference what file system he tries to mount as -
otherwise it would be "Incorrect super block". DragonFly is just not
utilizing the device correctly.

I think he's rather fortunate with DragonFly's USB mass storage
support. My own pen drive (at 1GB) is completely ignored, not giving
so much as a umass or ugen, let alone a da0.

Are there any plans to synchronize with NetBSD's USB stack again? They
recently got proper EHCI interrupt routing (so now you can use USB
keyboards and mice through a high-speed hub) and a host of new
drivers, so it'll definitely give a compelling reason to use DragonFly
(in my case, this is precisely why I chose NOT to run DragonFly on
desktops, because its USB support is barely usable). It still won't
solve the lack of a keyboard multiplexor but that's not such a big
issue.

  -- Dmitri Nikulin