Re: nss_ldap and pam_ldap

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 02:20:01 +1000

> Both can and should be used without PAM and NSS. Checkout the virtual
> user configuration in postfix where you can specify a mapping of
> mail address to uid, gid and mailbox name (no direct system user
>involved!). Using different uids and gids is handy for quotas, but not
> necessary. Similiar for dovecot.

Well, what I was planning to do is create home directories for those users so
the mail can be delivered to them. Just how will postfix retrieve the
homeDirectory object from LDAP? I know nss does this, but im not sure how to
program Postifix to do this. How to tell postfix which homedir to deliver
mail to?