Re: nss_ldap and pam_ldap

From: joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 15:40:26 +0200

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 01:36:11PM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
> My second question is concerning pam_ldap. While it compiles cleanly, I dont
> know how to integrate pkgsrc's pam in DF. The goal is simple: user
> authentication against a remote ldap server. Is DF pam-enabled by default?

You install the module from pkgsrc and specify the absolute path name in
/etc/pam.d.

> What I need to do is get postfix and dovecot authenticate mail users against
> an ldap server.

Both can and should be used without PAM and NSS. Checkout the virtual
user configuration in postfix where you can specify a mapping of
mail address to uid, gid and mailbox name (no direct system user
involved!). Using different uids and gids is handy for quotas, but not
necessary. Similiar for dovecot.

Joerg