Re: Some problems from a newbie (DragonFly) BSD user

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:36:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, January 31, 2006 4:06 pm, Kyle Butt wrote:

> This one I can answer. By default dragonfly enables a serial
> console at boot. Your DSL router is sending data to the serial
> console, and that can create problems. Someone else could
> probably tell you how to disable the serial console.

This one is in the FAQ:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/main/FAQ.cgi

"I get garbage on the screen when I boot or I can't seem to pause at the
initial boot menu."

DragonFly, when booting, outputs to both video and serial ports. If the
booting computer has a 'noisy' serial device connected, it may read data
from it during the boot process. Serial console activation during boot can
be disabled by creating the file /boot.config with the contents: '-V'