Re: jails and multicast traffic

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:39:24 +0100

joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx pravi:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 12:45:50AM +0100, Tomaž Borštnar wrote:
Jails do not receive multicast traffic, right?

nor do they see broadcasts by default either. I'm using Samba in a jail
and to allow PDC operation I have a dup-to rule to reflect the broadcast
traffic to the jail ip.
Use WINS. It keeps the traffic down. WINS and jails work fine :)

You might want to try something similiar for
multicast traffic.

I am not sure whether multicast traffic from jail goes outside to physical network at all. If it does not then no luck. It surely does not help when all jails are on the same machine.

Tomaž