Hello from a new user and problems detecting rtl8139 PCI card

From: Jose timofonic <soytimofonico@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:13:16 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I was waiting to install DragonFly BSD, I'm tired of
most Linux (probed suse, red hat, debian,
slackware...) and most BSD flavours. But I was seen
the project about a new BSD flavour that was headed by
Matt Dillon and seen his interesting "revolutionary"
ideas. New fresh air for BSD!

Now I think 1.4 release is enough mature for me (and
having pkgsrc wich is very tested and supported by a
lot different platforms and a it has over 5600
packages), but having some hardware detecting problems
with my RealTek 8139 PCI ethernet card...

rl0: <RealTek 8139 10/100BaseTX> at device 9.0 on pci0
rl0: couldn't map ports/memory
device_probe_and_atach: rl0 atach returned 6

In NetBSD, I think to remember about occouring mostly
the same, and it was because not installing it
(needing some system for using internet). Finally I
was using a Slackware-based Linux LiveCD until now (a
few months).

I know my PCI ethernet sucks, but I don't have money
for a good one ATM, but if not other solution, I will
buy one when having enough money for it. Please say me
a great PCI one (3COM?).

How are those two 3COM cards? Are supported by DFBSD
(there aren't hardware compatibility list for DFBSD)?:

http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=3C2000-T
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=3C996B-T

Best regards,
timofonic

(sorry for my bad english, it's not my mother language)

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com