Qmail install success on 1.4; possible package bug?

From: Tim Darby <t-df@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:12:38 -0700

I got Qmail up and running today on 1.4 and it looks good. Coming from OpenBSD and having never done anything with FreeBSD or DragonFly before, it took me quite a while to figure out where everything was, but I did it. I have to give a hearty thanks to the people who put the DragonFly handbook together; I'd have been really stuck without it. From the OpenBSD perspective, I do miss having lynx and sudo as part of the base install.

Anyway, I think I've either found a package bug or it's just me being clueless, probably the latter. As part of the Qmail install, I installed the package daemontools-0.76. After I setup the service folders and rebooted, I got boot errors from svscan telling me that it couldn't start the 'supervise' processes. After some poking around, I think the problem is that the supervise program is installed by the package in /usr/pkg/bin, however that folder is not in the path of the shell command that the included /usr/local/etc/rc.d/svscan.sh script runs. When I copied supervise to /usr/sbin and rebooted, it worked fine. Here's the only command that the svscan.sh script runs:

exec /bin/csh -cf '/usr/pkg/bin/svscan /var/spool/service &'

Good work on 1.4 btw!

Tim