Re: Fwd: How do I instal Dragonfly BSD from a hard drive - rather than CD?

From: Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:45:17 +0100

Marcin Jessa wrote:
All you need to do is to fire up e.g Qemu on Windows
( http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/ ) , start a BSD iso with it and
install to your drive , e.g. :
qemu -boot d -cdrom your.iso

I never tested it on Windows thought and the command line is what I do
on my FreeBSD laptop to test iso images of wifibsd.

Actually what he wants is a pretty simple thing to do and very much

I've done that (together with giving qemu access to the whole hd, which is kinda risky if you don't REALLY know what you're doing) to install Kubuntu on my optical drive less Toshiba notebook from XP. It takes ages but if you actually find a working Qemu version and get the boot sector correct it just might boot after that.

I had less luck with convincing VMware to do a similar job.