Re: cache_resolve diagnostic / NFS

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:00:31 -0800 (PST)

:Hi.
:
:I've got an NFS share mounted from a FreeBSD server that I'm using for
:/usr/obj on a DragonFly machine.
:
:When I delete the /usr/obj/usr on the NFS server (which is actually
:/mnt/dfly/usr) the client machine (DragonFly) prints out a message:
:
:[diagnostic] cache_resolve: had to recurse on usr
:EXDEV case 3 usr error 2
:
:Nothing bad happens, I'm just a little curious about what's getting
:diagnosed. =20
:
:--=20
:Jay.

    The first is a warning about the namecache topology losing a vnode
    reference in the middle of the topology instead of at a leaf.  It's
    harmless and I think it can happen with NFS.

    The second one is reporting a race between a file name lookup and a
    file or directory removal.  It should also be harmless.