Re: DP performance

To: danial_thom@xxxxxxxxx
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:49:31 +0000

You obviously did not research on who Matthew Dillon is, otherwise you
would know that he has plenty of real world experience.  The guy wrote
a packet rate controller inspired by basic laws of physics, give him
credit instead of being rude.

Time will tell whether he was wrong about his arguments on PCI-X or not,
and whether our effort with DragonFly is just plain useless; but there
is absolutely no need for animosity on the lists.

Should you wish to continue debating performance issues then do so with
a civil manner.

Kind regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at dragonflybsd.org

Danial Thom wrote:
You obviously have forgotten the original premise
of this (which is how do we get past the "wall"
of UP networking performance), and you also
obviously have no practical experience with
heavily utilized network devices, because you
seem to have no grasp on the real issues.

Being smart is not about knowing everything; its
about recognizing when you don't and making an
effort to learn. I seem to remember you saying
that there was no performance advantage to PCI-X
as well not so long ago. Its really quite amazing
to me that you can continue to stick to arguments
that are so easily provable to be wrong. Perhaps
someday you'll trade in your slide rule and get
yourself a good test bed. College is over. Time
to enter reality, where the results are almost
never whole numbers.